OCTOPUS OCTO MADNESS CONTEST (the “CONTEST”) OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THE CONTEST. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open only to legal residents of the contiguous United States and the District of Columbia, who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. You need not be present to win. Employees (and their immediate families or those living in the same household) of Play Octopus LLC (the “Sponsor”), its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, parent and related companies, suppliers, printers and advertising, promotional and judging agencies are not eligible to enter or win.
- HOW TO ENTER: The Contest begins at 12:00am on March 20, 2019 and ends at 11:59pm on April 8, 2019. You may enter the Contest by having rideshare passengers play games on your Play Octopus tablet. Each passenger score registered on your tablet during the Contest will result in your Octo Madness Score (your “Score”) increasing by such amount during the specified rounds, as follows:
- Round 1: The top 4,000 scoring drivers from March 20, 2019 – March 24, 2019 will move to Round 2. All other drivers will not advance to Round 2 and not be eligible for a prize.
- Round 2: The top 1,000 scoring drivers from March 25, 2019 – March 31, 2019 will move to Round 3. All other drivers will not advance to Round 3 and not be eligible for a prize.
- Round 3: The top 250 scoring drivers from April 1, 2019 – April 8, 2019 will be eligible to win a Runner-Up Prize and be eligible to win the Grand Prize, as specified below. All other drivers will not be eligible for a prize.
Scores must be achieved by your rideshare passengers as measured by the tablet’s mounted position and speed, as determined in the sole discretion of Sponsor. Alternatively, you may submit a written request to enter to the address specified below. Written requests must include your name, mailing address, and the name of the Contest. Illegible, incomplete and duplicate entries will be disqualified.
- PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE: The Contest will award 250 Runner-Up Prizes in the amount of 50 points towards cash rewards on the Play Octopus driver platform. One Grand Prize Winner will receive $500. The value of all Prizes shall be no greater than $2,000. All federal, state, and local tax liabilities are the sole responsibility of the Prize winners (the “Prize Winners”). Winners may be required to complete and return an IRS W-9 form (i.e. Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification) prior to receiving a Prize.
- SELECTION OF WINNER: The Grand Prize Winner will be randomly selected by the Sponsors among the 250 Runner-Up Prize Winners. The Grand Prize Winner will be notified by e-mail or SMS text message within one week of winning. Only one Winner per household will be permitted.
- PRIZE CONDITIONS: No substitution for any prize will be permitted. Prizes are not transferable, assignable or redeemable for cash. Winners must accept Prize within ten (10) days of being notified. Winners may be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Publicity/Liability Release within fifteen (15) days of issuance. Failure to accept or return all required documents in the specified time periods may result in Winners being disqualified and alternate Winners selected. By entering the Contest and/or accepting the Prize, Winners and entrant hereby consent (except where prohibited by law) to the reasonable use by Sponsor of the Winner’s and entrants’ photograph, voice, likeness and/or image, city of residence, contents of the entry form and the name and age of the Winner and entrants without any further compensation for any future promotional activity related to this Contest.
- ODDS OF WINNING: Odds of winning the Prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received for the Contest and are equal regardless of method of entry.
- CONDUCT OF PARTICIPATION: By entering the Contest, entrant affirms that he or she has read and agrees to abide by the Official Rules and the decisions of the judges. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant acting in violation of the Official Rules or found tampering with the entry process or with the operation of the Contest. The Contest is governed by the laws of the United States and, by entering, all Winners and entrants hereby submit to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state and local courts located in Baltimore, Maryland. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR MOBILE APP RELATED TO SPONSOR OR THE SWEEPSTAKES OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Sponsor and its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporations, and its respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees and agents, are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries; printing or other errors; and any entries or mail which are late, lost, delayed, incomplete, misdirected, stolen, mutilated, illegible, postage due or any combination thereof. Sponsor reserves the right to modify, suspend or terminate the Contest in the event that it becomes necessary due to circumstances beyond Sponsor’s control. In the event the Contest is terminated early, a winner will be selected from all eligible entries received at the time of termination.
- RELEASE OF LIABILITY: By participating, Winner and entrants agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor and its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporations, and its officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents from and against any claims made by the Winner, entrants or any other third parties related in any way to the operation of this Contest, as well as any other claims, damages or liability due to any injuries, damages or losses (whether alleged, threatened, or actual) to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in any Contest-related activity or participation in this Contest.
- WINNERS LIST: For an Official Winners List or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Octopus Contest – WINNERS – or – OFFICIAL RULES (please specify), c/o Marketing Department, 4550 Montgomery Ave., Suite 130N, Bethesda, MD 20814. All requests must specify the contest to which they pertain and be received within 7 days of such contest. Official Rules also available at www.playoctopus.com.
- SPONSOR: Play Octopus LLC. 4550 Montgomery Ave., Suite 130N, Bethesda, MD 20814.
THIS CONTEST IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
© 2019 (Play Octopus LLC). All rights reserved.