← View all listings
Octopus Interactive is the U.S. leader in rideshare entertainment and video advertising. We place interactive tablets in the backseats of rideshare vehicles to improve the driver and rider experience.
Over the last few years, we’ve built a team that shares common values, celebrates diversity, and understands the importance of culture. We are currently around 30 people and focused on evolving our team unity as we grow. The VP of People & Culture (VP, Human Resources) would be our first HR hire and will have the ability to help shape our hiring strategy, people operations, workplace culture, and everything in-between as we scale our growing business.
YOUR MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES WOULD BE:
- Lead & manage all talent acquisition efforts (recruiting, hiring, etc)
- Build best-in-class people programs in recruiting, onboarding/exit, performance management, learning & development, compensation, benefits, and recognition.
- Craft & improve HR procedures, policies, and guidelines.
- Build and develop a diverse and inclusive workplace that empowers team members to make positive change within and outside of the organization.
- Maintain a growth-oriented and motivating environment while keeping all employees accountable to company policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Build strong social connections, feedback mechanisms, and communication lines between employees, management, and the offices.
- Handle all employee relations functions, including complaint investigation & resolution, risk mitigation, and response measures.
- Oversee all office arrangement and locational dynamics.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5+ years experience in Human Resources, Recruiting, and/or People Leadership.
- Recognized certifications such as SHRM-SCP preferred.
- Experience in a fast-growing tech startup and a distributed workforce.
- Detailed knowledge of HR best practices and multi-state employment laws and regulations in the US. Willing to learn about international HR as well.
- Ability to connect HR to measurable business outcomes such as hiring velocity, retention, and employee satisfaction.
- Sophisticated, strategic, analytical, and creative problem solver.
- Strong interpersonal skills, communication, and emotional intelligence.
- Bachelor’s degree in HR or related field; Master’s degree a plus.
Interested? You can apply here, or even better, by sending us a quick cover email and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Octopus Interactive is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Interested? Send us a quick cover email along with your resume to email@example.com