Octopus Interactive is the largest rideshare advertising platform in the United States. We place screens in the backseats of Uber and Lyft vehicles and deliver premium video ads from the top brands in the world to a captive and highly engaged audience as they use rideshare during the consumer journey.
As our Senior Software Engineer you will be responsible for managing multiple aspects of the company’s tech stack, including tablet, phone and web applications, backend database storage and data transfer calls, automated processes and communications to users, data visualizations for platform stakeholders and operational applications that optimize internal processes and efficiencies. You will develop and direct software system testing and validation procedures, programming, and documentation. You will lead and oversee a team of engineers and developers responsible for building new and supporting existing websites. You must be obsessed with coding, sharp with logic, appreciative of business goals and workflows, and able to communicate with a wide variety of team members. We are a startup with strong traction and the sky’s the limit for the right developer.
What you’ll need:
- 5+ years of professional software development and engineering experience
- BS/MS in Computer Science/Software Engineering or equivalent
- Experience working with large existing code-base, starting projects from scratch and contributing to a project’s full life cycle
- Server-side stacks such as Python (Django/Flask) and/or Node.js
- Understanding of modern grid-based responsive frameworks like Bootstrap, Foundation and HTML5 techniques to develop responsive applications
- Thorough understanding of SQL and NoSQL databases
- Familiarity with single page web app architectures using MVC frameworks
- A startup attitude: hands-on, proactive, seeing your role as more than just a job
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive base compensation and equity incentives
- Health benefits, commuter benefits and healthy (for the most part) snacks
- An incredibly passionate, experienced and committed team
- Colorful, open office! Popcorn machine, virtual reality, beer kegs, corn hole, nerf wars, ping pong tables, company of dogs and maybe even an occasional octopus
- Interested? You can apply by sending us a quick cover email, samples of your work/code and your resume to email@example.com.
- Octopus Interactive is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.