Play Octopus is the premier rideshare entertainment and video advertising platform. We place interactive tablets in the backseats of rideshare vehicles to improve the driver and passenger experience. Our tablets are connected to cellular at all times and we control 100% of the content. Currently, we have games, ads, and information about the driver and our platform. That said, the tablets are essentially a blank slate and we are continually experimenting with new content to further improve the driver/passenger experience, as well as monetize this valuable out-of-home advertising space.
As our software engineer, you will collaborate with a team of developers, designers and business units to architect, develop and maintain a variety of databases and web-based applications to support our growing platform. You must be obsessed with coding, sharp with logic, appreciative of business goals and workflows, and able to communicate with a wide variety of team members. We are a startup with strong traction and the sky’s the limit for the right developer.
What you’ll need:
- 1-5 years of professional software engineering experience
- BS/MS in Computer Science/Software Engineering or equivalent
- Comfortable working within a large existing code-base, starting projects from scratch and contributing to a project’s full life cycle
- Server-side stacks such as Python (Django/Flask) and/or Node.js
- Understanding of modern grid-based responsive frameworks like Bootstrap, Foundation and HTML5 techniques to develop responsive applications
- Thorough understanding of SQL and NoSQL databases
- Familiarity with single page web app architectures using MVC frameworks
- A startup attitude: hands-on, proactive, seeing your role as more than just a job
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive base compensation and equity incentives
- Health benefits, commuter benefits and healthy (for the most part) snacks
- An incredibly passionate, experienced and committed team
- Colorful, open office! Popcorn machine, virtual reality, beer kegs, corn hole, nerf wars, ping pong tables, company of dogs and maybe even an occasional octopus
Interested? You can apply by sending us a quick cover email, samples of your work/code and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Play Octopus is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Keywords: Software Developer, Software Engineer, Database Management, Angular, AngularJS, Python, Django, Flask, NodeJS, Java Script, Data Warehousing, Postgres, MongoDB, HTML, CSS