Play Octopus is the premier rideshare entertainment and video advertising platform. We place interactive tablets in the backseats of rideshare vehicles to improve the driver and passenger experience. Our tablets are connected to cellular at all times and we control 100% of the content. Currently, we have games, ads, and information about the driver and our platform. That said, the tablets are essentially a blank slate and we are continually experimenting with new content to further improve the driver/passenger experience, as well as monetize this valuable out-of-home advertising space.
Our ideal Senior Product Manager candidate is entrepreneurial, creative, business-minded and deeply interested in metrics. We are the front-runners in this space and are building a team of high performers that will continually innovate and solidify our first-mover advantage.
What you’ll do:
- Create: conceptualize new product features (re games, ads, videos, passenger information, surveys, and other interesting ways to leverage an interactive ‘public’ screen)
- Design: wireframes, hi-fi mockups, and work with creative team on final art/slices
- Product Delivery: roadmapping, task prioritization, and sprint management
- Data Analysis: monitor product metrics/KPIs, coordinate A/B testing campaigns, work with data science team to implement trackers and visualize new data points
- Feedback: review and test beta features, gather team feedback, coordinate live passenger interviews and feedback mechanisms
What you’ll need:
- Strong Communication Skills: work with development team daily; frequent coordination between driver and advertiser teams (the product is where all teams intersect!)
- Comfortability With Product Development Tools: JIRA, Trello, or other agile dev management platforms;
- Design Experience: UI/UX, Adobe, Sketch, Zeplin, etc.
- Strong Grasp on Numbers: ability to quickly identify trends or anomalies; obsession with iteration and optimization
- Organization and Speed: highly organized; able to juggle various ongoing projects; desire to wear many hats; fast-moving and pace-setting
- Innovation: never-settle attitude; desire and willingness to push boundaries and leverage new technology
- Nice to Haves: advertising/marketing experience; game design experience; MBA or other business degree, B2B2C product experience
What’s in it for you:
- Work with an experienced, high-performing and passionate startup team
- Drive growth on multiple fronts and contribute to a rapidly expanding platform
- Millions of consumer eyes on your work product
- Competitive base compensation, bonus opportunities and equity incentives
- Health benefits, commuter benefits, and paid time off
- Colorful, open office! Dog friendly, virtual reality, beer on tap, ping pong, snacks, happy hours, and convenient downtown Bethesda location (1 block from Metro Red Line)
Interested? You can apply by sending us a quick cover email and your resume to email@example.com.
Play Octopus is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Keywords: Product Director, Game Designer, Uber, Lyft, Digital Advertising, Tech Startup, Growth Hacker, AdTech