You will be integral to the growth and retention of Octopus drivers, making outbound courtesy calls to new members of the driver community, addressing questions and feedback from existing driver partners, and helping to maintain and enhance the exclusive driver culture that makes Octopus the industry leader. You will work directly with the Director of Driver Community to support the entire Driver Team through daily assignments and additional as-needed tasks. This is an ideal internship for a motivated college Senior or recent graduate ready to gain experience in a fast paced, high-growth company, and eager to make an impact as part of a dynamic and lean team.
- Make up to 100 outbound Courtesy Calls per shift to Octopus driver partners to promote culture & provide helpful guidance for new members
- Maintain detailed call notes, support tickets, and follow-up task assignments via company CRM database
- Become knowledgeable on rideshare industry information, driver regulations, and Octopus communication processes
- Maintain expert pulse on Octopus driver feedback, motivations, and product concerns
- Display a regular positive attitude, helpful disposition, and enthusiastic tone with every driver interaction
- Contribute ideas/organizational assistance for driver community engagements, contests, meetups, giveaways, events, etc.
- Support Driver Team with additional assignments as needed
- Strong verbal communication skills; ability to speak clearly and coherently on the phone
- Comfortable striking up a conversation with a stranger and displaying genuine interest/concern to responses
- Attention to details with superior record keeping & reporting comprehension for on-going CRM maintenance
- Excited by the opportunity to speak with a diverse group of people from many different backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and customs; possess a high level of emotional intelligence and empathy
- Able to stay calm when faced with challenging situations
- Ideally college senior or recent graduate
- Weekend availability (4-6 hours per week)
- Bilingual preferred but not required (Spanish, Arabic, Chinese Mandarin, Portuguese, other)
- Available to work onsite in Bethesda, MD office minimum 10 hours per week
What’s in it for you
- Work with an experienced, high-performing and passionate startup team
- Directly involved in a high-priority, company-wide initiative
- Competitive base compensation & college credit program available
- Colorful, open office! Dog friendly, VR, beer on tap, ping pong, snacks, happy hours, and convenient downtown Bethesda location (1 block from Metro Red Line)
Interested? Please send a quick cover email with your resume attached to email@example.com.
Play Octopus is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.