Director of Product Management
Washington D.C. Metro Area
Play Octopus is the leader in rideshare entertainment and video advertising. We place interactive tablets in the backseats of rideshare vehicles (Uber and Lyft) to improve the driver and rider experience. We’re searching for a Director of Product Management to help drive the strategy, roadmap, development, and business outcomes for the company’s product lines.
You will create and deliver against a product plan that will drive rider engagement and advertiser ROI across America. You will be responsible for ensuring quality design through all layers of the technology: from back-end data analytics and ad serving, through consumer-facing content and user interactions. You will work hand-in-hand with engineering and design teams to enhance and execute against your vision and roadmap. This is an ideal job for a veteran product management leader with 6-10+ years of experience who is motivated to continue a string of career product successes and eager to work hard to achieve a dramatic success in a vibrant and dynamic market. This position reports to the CEO and COO.
- Oversee our three main products: interactive tablets, driver dashboard and advertiser dashboard.
- Own the vision and strategic roadmap for the company. Determine key product initiatives and development milestones. Make critical allocation decisions.
- Define and measure successful business outcomes. Benchmark against the competition. Assume accountability for results.
- Understand advertiser, driver and rider pain points, and create broad product solutions to deliver incremental business value.
- Serve as liaison between business teams, dev team and creative team. Gracefully navigate resource and time limitations.
- Represent the product portfolio to high-profile executives, both internal and external. Participate in strategic client, partner and investor presentations.
- Over time, build and manage a team of product managers and designers. Make hiring decisions, manage performance, provide ongoing coaching.
- Continuously review and analyze company metrics, and iterate to improve these over time.
- Act as a mentor across the company. Proactively identify root issues and address them with little or no oversight.
- Clear track record of leadership throughout your career.
- 6-10 years of experience in software product management. Track record of developing groundbreaking products that challenge the status quo. Experience with Agile product development a plus.
- Experience delivering successful consumer-facing products. Consumer empathy, keen instincts on what consumers will and will not respond to, ability to collaborate with user experience designers.
- Experience with adtech and programmatic ad-serving platforms.
- Ability to work at a rapid pace and simultaneously move multiple projects to completion.
- Fantastic analytical skills, ability to solve problems quickly, establish new frameworks, ability to think on your feet, and see synergies before others do. Ability to generalize both problems and solutions.
- Excellent communication skills across all audiences and media. Confident but humble, gravitas without being stuffy.
- Willingness and availability to travel 10-15%, some times on short notice. Ability to work in bursts when necessary.
- Experience growing a team of highly skilled product managers and leading them toward collective success. Comfortable and confident manager.
- Minimum education: Bachelor’s degree at top-tier university required, Master’s degree or MBA preferred.
What’s in it for you
- Work with an experienced, high-performing and passionate startup team
- Drive growth on multiple fronts and contribute to a rapidly expanding platform
- Millions of consumer eyes on your work product
- Competitive base compensation, bonus opportunities and equity incentives
- Health benefits, commuter benefits, and paid time off
- Colorful, open office! Dog friendly, VR, beer on tap, ping pong, snacks, happy hours, and convenient downtown Bethesda location (1 block from Metro Red Line)
Interested? You can apply here, but we also appreciate a quick cover email with your resume attached to email@example.com.
Play Octopus is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.