Octopus Interactive is the leader in rideshare entertainment and video advertising. We place interactive tablets in the backseats of rideshare vehicles (Uber & Lyft) to improve the driver and rider experience. We are searching for a Customer Support Associate to help support the Driver Team in growing and retaining our driver partners. Octopus is a fast-paced, high-growth company; we are looking for someone who is ready to put in the dedicated work to make an impact as part of a dynamic and lean team.
You will be integral to the growth and retention of Octopus drivers, making outbound courtesy calls to new members of the Octopus community, addressing questions and feedback from existing driver partners, and helping to maintain and enhance the exclusive driver culture that makes Octopus an industry leader. You will work directly with the Director of Driver Community and Director of Communications to support the entire Driver Team through daily assignments and additional as-needed tasks.
This is a part-time position requiring approximately 20-30 hours per week.
- Make outbound Courtesy Calls to driver partners to promote Driver Community culture & provide helpful guidance for new members
- Respond to tickets and emails from driver partners using company CRM system, and assign follow up tasks or calls as needed
- Become knowledgeable on rideshare industry information, FHV/driver regulations, and Octopus communication processes
- Maintain expert pulse on Octopus driver feedback, motivations, and product concerns
- Display a regular positive attitude, helpful disposition, and enthusiastic tone with every driver interaction
- Contribute ideas/organizational assistance for driver community engagements, contests, meetups, giveaways, events, etc.
- Support Driver Team with additional assignments as needed
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to speak clearly and on the phone and articulate thoughts concisely
- Comfortable striking up a conversation with a stranger and displaying genuine interest/concern for responses
- Attention to details with superior record-keeping & reporting comprehension for on-going CRM maintenance
- Excited by the opportunity to connect with a diverse group of people from many different backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and customs; possess a high level of emotional intelligence and empathy
- Able to stay calm when faced with challenging situations
- Task-driven, thorough, and extremely organized
- Takes ownership over long-term projects and independent assignments
- Weekend availability strongly preferred (4-6 hours per week)
- Spanish-speaking preferred but not required
- Available to work onsite in Bethesda, MD office minimum 15 hours per week
What’s in it for you
- Work with an experienced, high-performing and passionate startup team
- Directly involved in a high-priority, company-wide initiative
- Competitive base compensation & college credit program available
- Colorful, open office! Dog friendly, VR, beer on tap, ping pong, snacks, happy hours, and convenient downtown Bethesda location (1 block from Metro Red Line)
Interested? Please send a quick cover email with your resume attached to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Octopus Interactive is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.